Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ministries in all sizes





Sometimes I have to wonder...God, are you talking to me? Or am I just so passionate about something that I "make" you talk?

With that said, I'm going to try and go for it anyway! I know that music is not only a hobby for me, but a whole hearted passion. I have wanted to direct a young chorus since I was 20-years-old. "So what has that got to do with anything?" you say.

I want to start a church choir.

Before you groan, and hiss, listen up! It would be comprised of mostly "young" people (I am hoping for "kids" between 13-40), it would be audition only, and it would be SMALL! 8-12 people TOPS! That would put 3-4 people per part in a four part chorus.

Now, some might still be groaning. "Church choirs have to wear those dumb robes, and sing such boring music." HA! Have you got me wrong! I'm talking modern arrangements of old songs, new music, contemporary music...a capella music, barbershop style, old African spirituals (which are VERY fun to sing, by the way!). This would be something that, once heard, people would WANT to join!

This is my vision. I wanted to share. Now I have to talk to the folks who would make this possible (ie my pastor, elders, deacons, etc.). Pray!

1 comment:

Alana said...

I think that's a great idea and something you should definitely pursue. If it's not in God's plan for you right now, then I'm sure He'll close the door. But I would like to be in a choir like that! :) Good luck (or rather, may God bless you in your endeavor). :) Let us know how it goes!